"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5:14

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lookin' Like Spring!


SPRING…my favorite time of year!  I love the sight of the Cherry Blossom Trees blooming and knowing that warmer weather is around the corner (hopefully).  I love that soon we will be wearing short-sleeve shirts and flip flops.  I love that very soon we will be able to make daily trips to the park and Kaylee will finally be able to ride her tricycle outside.  I love that we will be able to take a walk to daddy's office and stroll down the water front in the evenings.  I love seeing fresh tulips and daffodils in the grocery store and can't wait to stroll down "Blue Street" to buy fresh fruit from the Japanese vendors.

But spring also means…cleaning…and I actually got motivated during naps a few days ago to begin.  I started dusting, sweeping, mopping, organizing…and then the furniture got re-arranged.  Being in a small apartment now, our options for furniture placement is limited, but I just needed a change…a fresh start (so to speak).  Ryan does not like when I get the "bug" to re-arrange the furniture…which usually means he does most of the work and I just give orders and then change my mind.  However, Ryan is back in the states working, so he wasn't here to talk me out of it.  So I did it all by myself.  Of course, I couldn't move the TV cabinet and the bookshelf, but I moved everything else.  I like it…it feels more cozy and homey to me now!  I still haven't told Ryan, but I'm hoping that when he comes in Sunday night he'll like it!

 On Monday, we got a package from our family full of Easter goodies for the girls.  They both got a couple of books, Kaylee got a card game, and they both got two dresses each.  They also got bunny ears…so cute.  Trying to get both girls to keep them on for a picture was tough, but I did manage to snap one of Abby.  Of course, Kaylee was hopping all around and Abby tried her best to hop too.  It was pretty cute to watch.


Spring colors…pink, blue, orange, purple, yellow, green…these are the colors of the eggs that now decorate my kitchen table.  My Kaylee got to color Easter eggs for the first time this morning.  We had some friends come over to dye eggs with us and the kids colored over two dozen eggs.  They had lots of fun and Kaylee even added Disney Princess stickers to her eggs.  I have a feeling she's going to want to do this again tomorrow!


With all the exciting things that spring brings, the most important is our chance to reflect on the love of our Savior and what He did for each of us on Calvary!  I am so thankful for the gift of eternal life and for my personal relationship with my Lord! 

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Happy Easter!

1 comment: